The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing high-quality web applications. They will also be responsible for designing and implementing testable and scalable code.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years of overall software development experience
- Experience in developing high-availability, high-performance, customer-facing web applications
- Experience with collaborative code development in small agile teams and managing releases (Git, Continuous Integration)
- Experience building internal and external APIs and RESTful web services
- Strong foundation in Database (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience deploying and managing applications on cloud-based infrastructure (Azure/AWS)
- Outstanding understanding of software design, development and architecture
- Create new features of the product from scratch and enhance existing features, optimise from conception and design through testing and deployment.
- Part of the core team responsible for powering the various parts of the product.
- Design, build and own key technology decisions and implementations
- Wear multiple hats – that of an architect, developer or product owner
- Collaborate with the team to find optimal solutions and engineering workarounds based on resource/time constraints
- Communicate development status and features to the rest of the team members
- Manage interactions with designers, testers and other developers
- Provide subject matter expertise in architecture, authentication and system security.
- Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Startup/Fast paced development experience would be preferred.
Additional Plus if you have,
- Prior experience working at a startup or in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Worked in a web startup before and been part of the core development during a high growth phase
- Practical experience with building scalable, high availability and high-performance systems
- Hands-on background with agile development practices including test driven development and scrums
- Familiarity with a variety of programming languages and development tools
- Work experience with a solid foundation in computer science, strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- Development experience with programming languages
- SQL/NoSQL database or relational database skills
- Work Location: Bangalore, India
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Open Positions: 3-4